October 10, 2009

Kristin Cashore's Signing

If you asked me which author I would want to meet the most, I would've answered without thinking: KRISTIN CASHORE! Graceling is one of my favorite books ever! So when she told me in a chat that she was coming not only to Houston, but to a book store ten minutes away, I literally jumped all around. It was yesterday and I went with my reading friend Vanesa.

The event took place at the cutest bookstore I've ever seen! It's an independent bookshop called Blue Willow and its probably my new favorite place! She read from Fire and signed books and the wall -at the store, they have every author sign the wall! Isn't it amazing? She talked to us and even stayed a while waiting for Leslie (who I met yesterday!) Here are some pics I wanted to share:

Reading

With Me!! (There's your book, Erica!)

Me, Kristin & Leslie!

She is an amazing person. She writes by hand, we saw her notebook and she told us about how her writing process is, yeah, she's just amazing!

10 comments:

  1. So cool! Did she have that copy of Bitterblue with her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! it was sooo nice to meet her, vanessa and u! i had ooodles of fun! hey! send me the pictures in an email! here's the email address lol =) leslie-lv at hotmail dot com =) you are beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sab! You stopped by my blog earlier to enter my giveaway of Demon Princess,
    I just wanted to let you know that you actualy have to do something to be entered in the giveaway =P
    Maybe you should go back and read a little ^.-
    It's a caption contest! =)

    http://tyngasreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks lovely! :) The whole event sounds amazing, and I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! I'm bummed I missed her when she was here but I couldn't find anyone to watch my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like it was so much fun! I wish she was coming here. That's neat about the having authors sign the wall! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really had a great time!!...Next Goal? Austin,Tx!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great that you got to meet her. Thanks for sharing! Love the idea of authors signing a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is lovely. Its very nice to meet with her. I hope you have exchange your idea with her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day! You're very lucky. I see a lot of US bloggers meeting up, not so much in the UK :(

    ReplyDelete

Say something...